VLC is one of the best media players available because it can play almost every media file in any format you want. It can even do lot more things which normal user is unaware about. Now check your knowledge and see how many things you know about.
1) Record videos : VLC can record videos during play time. The record button is hidden by default. To record videos during play time you need to View > Advanced Control . The record button will appear just above the play/pause button. Click on the button to start recording and again click on it to stop recording.
2) Play RAR files : Do you know that VLC can even play videos inside rar files just load the video and VLC will au tomatically play the video inside it.
3) Listen to online radio : VLC contains number of radio stations. You just need to enable them to listen to the online radio to enable them go to 媒体>Services Discovery>Shoutcast radio listings
4) Convert Audio and video formats : In VLC you can convert your audio and video to various other formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, OGG, MP3 etc. To access the conversion
* Go to Media>Convert/Save.
* Load the file you want to convert using the Add button and click Convert.
* Now choose the output format and output file location.
5) Download YouTube and other online videos: First grab the URL of the YouTube video page. Now click on 媒体>Open Network stream. Paste the URL and click Play.
Once VLC starts streaming the video, click Tools>Codec Information and at the bottom of the window you will see a Location box. Copy the URL and paste it on your browser’s address bar. The browser will now download the file which you can save it to your hard disk. 另外, you can record the video.
There is one more great trick just try this and then see what it does
Go To VLC Media Player
a pop up will appear with a address bar
type-> 屏幕:// (in the address bar and click play button below it)
lolz see what happens?